Sweden’s ATG Signs Content Deals For Online Casino Launch

Sweden’s ATG Signs Content Deals For Online Casino Launch October 5, 2018 October 5, 2018 Kate Gonda
 Industry October 5, 2018 by Kate Gonda

AB Trav och GaloppSwedish horse racing betting operator AB Trav och Galopp (ATG) was established in 1974 as the Swedish Horse Racing Totalisator Board and they are currently in preparation mode to launch their new online gambling product in January 2019.

While they will be accepting wagers on sports, ATG is also busy putting together an extensive portfolio of online casino games which will be offered on January 1st when Sweden’s online gaming market opens up. ATG also confirmed that Kambi will power their sports betting platform.

Mikael Bäcke who is the chief product and business development officer at ATG said that the goal is to deliver a responsible and fun online casino experience. ATG will look to offer the very best online games in the market and create long-lasting relationships with their players. Yggdrasil and NetEnt have both helped ATG make a successful entry into Sweden’s re-regulated market. ATG, which boasts close to two million customers, filed their application for a license back in August.

ATG Set To Compete With Other Operators

ATG’s chief executive, Hans Skarplöth outlined his company’s goals. He said that ATG has been actively lobbying to obtain equal rights in the regulated gaming market since 2011. He acknowledged that for every SEK 100 that is now spent on betting in Sweden, ATG’s products take in SEK 24 while the rest of Sweden’s betting products account for SEK 76. He went on to explain that the updated license market means that ATG will be able to achieve their monopoly on horse racing and they will also be able to compete for a piece of the other SEK 76.

ATG’s betting turnover in 2017 was SEK 13.65 billion which was an increase of nearly 3 percent from the previous year. The company is owned by national trotting and thoroughbred racing associations. The Swedish Trotting Association owns 90 percent and the Swedish Jockey Club owns the other 10 percent.

NetEnt And Yggdrasil Happy To Partner

NetEnt is one of the oldest and biggest online casino game developers in the world and services just about all of the top online casinos in the world. The company was happy to sign an agreement with ATG.

Fredrik Elmqvist, CEO of Yggdrasil was also happy to ink an agreement with one of the most respected operators in Sweden.

Kate GondaAuthor

Kate is fairly new the whole casino industry, with a background in finance she often found herself with clients at the best casinos, she enjoys spinning the wheel!!!. She will be providing a insight into the UK industry