Trying to figure out which online casino is best for you can be a pretty daunting task. Just the sheer number of online casinos that serve European players and customers can be overwhelming.
The fact is that every casino has its pros and cons, and what works for you may not be ideal for someone else. It all depends on your personal preferences, the games that you like, and a multitude of other factors.
If all this sounds like too much to process, worry not! You are precisely in the right place and this is where you will find all you need on European online casinos.
Ratings, reviews, rankings, and a great deal of other information which will make the process of finding your perfect casino an easy one!
Top 10 European Online Casino Rooms
How We Pick The Best European Online Casinos
Like with anything else, the question of how good an online casino is can be a very subjective one. However, subjective answers don’t help people make decisions and we are well aware of this fact. Over several years, we have come up with a ranking system that considers all factors objectively and this system itself is subjected to a process of continuous improvement based on findings and learning.
So, what are the several different factors and parameters that we take into account when ranking and rating an online European casino?
Well, there is an abundance of factors – almost too many to list. However, some of the important ones are as follows –
- Game selection – How many games does the casino offer? Is the collection eclectic? How many different software providers power these games? Is there good variety in the types of games offered? Etc.
- Casino software – Is the software authorized and attested by a recognized body? Is it easy to navigate? Is it intuitive and user friendly? Does it have a steep learning curve or is it self-explanatory?
- Payment and withdrawals – Does the casino offer a good variety of payment methods? Do they accept ewallets? Crypto currency? Are withdrawals and deposits subject to transaction fees? What are the processing times – are they processed quickly or do they take too long? Etc.
- Promotions – What sort of bonuses does the casino offer? Is it only a welcome bonus or do old players also get good offers every once in a while? Are the bonuses subject to a whole lot of hidden terms and conditions? What are the strings attached? Is there a loyalty program in place? If so, how many tiers does it have?
- Payouts – What is the RTP? What are some of the biggest wins recorded in the casino? How much of an advantage does the house have? How often do people win big while playing at this casino?
- Jackpots – Does the casino offer jackpots, progressive jackpots and tournaments where the pools can reach hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions?
- Mobile – Is the casino available on mobile browsers? Or is there a mobile application version of the casino? Does it support Android, iOS, Windows and Blackberry? Is it instant play or does it need to be downloaded? Is playing on the go a seamless experience?
- License – Is the casino legitimate? Have they ever been blacklisted? What body has licensed them? What are some of the complaints against the casino by players? Has the casino won any awards?
- Audits – Is the casino subjected to any third-party scrutiny and certification? Has the casino been put under the microscope by reputable organizations such as iTECH, TST and e COGRA?
- Terms and conditions – Are there a lot of hidden terms and conditions that you should know about? Are the bonuses subject to some fine print which will catch you out?
- Legality – Is this casino actually licensed and legal in Europe? Are there any countries which are regarded as exceptions where the casino is outlawed? Are you breaking any laws by playing on this casino? Everything you need to know about the legal status of the casino as applicable to you!
- Support – Does the casino have a knowledgeable and responsive customer service network? What languages is the customer service support available in? Is support available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year? What is the response time? Is there live chat? A dedicated customer service hotline? And email support? What are the wait and hold times like when you call them? Does the casino have an extensive and up to date FAQ section? Are there any official forums?
We Understand What Online Casino Players Look For
When we review European online casinos, we are doing so purely from a player’s stand point and perspective. Of course, we have industry experts that understand and fully comprehend the intricate workings and challenges of running online casinos, but the fact is that this does not matter to players. What matters to players when it comes to European casinos, is the experience that they have with it and nothing more or nothing less.
Our review panels are thus comprised of not only online European casino industry experts, but also people who are generally online casino players and have been through numerous casinos and can almost instinctively differentiate the high-quality ones from the rest of the crowd.
Our reviewers leave no leaf unturned when it comes to a European online casino, and they purely look at the casino from the perspective of a European casino player. Is it easy to cash out? What European currencies are accepted? How many European languages are supported? The whole nine yards!
We have done all the background checks, groundwork and homework on every casino that we review so that you don’t have to play hit and miss while picking your European online casino. All you need to do is go through our reviews and you will have a thorough and clear insight of what you can expect from which casino and which casino would suit you best.
All of this may have you excited to right away dig into our top ten online European casinos and get started playing by singing up at one of these casinos. That sounds like a great plan! However, there are a few more aspects to European online casinos and online gambling in Europe that we should address prior to actually getting to the top ten lists.
Is online gambling in Europe legal?
Given that Europe is a continent and not a country by itself, there is no single set of laws and legislation which governs online gambling throughout the entire continent.
Instead, each European country has its own set of laws that deal with online gambling and the legality of it. Therefore, the answer to this question is not as simple as a yes or a no! Whether it is legal to play on an online casino in Europe actually depends on which specific country you reside in.
While European countries are more liberal and accepting of online casinos and online gambling when compared to say their American counterparts, it would still be a good idea to actually look up the local laws of your specific European country to ensure that online casinos are not outlawed.
Online Gambling In Europe and Its Recent Development
Compared to most other casinos from around the world, European casinos are relatively new in the online casino industry. The majority of online casinos that you come across on the internet are targeted towards the North American consumer. However, with the rise in demand in and around Europe, we are now seeing an abundance of casinos that have sprouted up that specifically cater to and are tailored for the European gambler. In fact, a lot many of these casinos go even further and target players from a specific European country.
Regulators and Gaming Authorities In Europe
All the top European online casinos are licensed by MGA which is the Malta Gaming Authority. The best online European online casinos will all have a license number that they publish in fine print right at the bottom of their home pages and this is the license number issued to them by the Malta Gaming Authority.
Why play on online European casinos?
There are several advantages of playing at online European casinos as opposed to actually going into a tangible land based European casino.
Here are some strong reasons why you should consider playing in an online European casino.
Range of games
Online casinos generally offer a huge array of games that you will be hard pressed to come across in any one land based online casino.
Besides, isn’t it a whole lot easier to switch from one online casino to the next as you desire when compared to actually leaving one land based casino and travelling to another one?
Land based casinos generally don’t have the kind of bonus offers that you are bound to find at almost all online European casinos. In fact, for new players, online casinos offer some mouthwatering no deposit bonuses, first deposit bonuses, free spins and a lot more.
Easy withdrawals and deposits
Online casinos accept and support a whole range on payment methods. Credit cards, debit cards, E – wallets, wire transfers, crypto currencies, and more. Further, there aren’t any dealers that you have to tip in online casinos.
Play on the go
Thanks to the advancements in mobile technology in recent years, you can now play at your favorite online casino from anywhere and at any time right on your smart phone. It is like having a casino in your pocket. All you need is a working internet connection and you can get started playing almost instantly.
FAQs about online European casinos
Online casinos geared to serve the European punter generally accept the following currencies – EUR, SEK, NOK, CHF, RUB, BGN, PLN and sometimes a few more. However, it is important to understand that all online casinos in Europe are not the same. Some casinos are more specific to just one European country and might just accept the currency of that country. If you would like to know exactly which currencies are supported by the casino that you are interested in, then you should check out our review of that specific casino.
As with online casinos that serve any part of the world, there are some online casinos serving Europe which have been blacklisted. However, the majority of online casinos are licensed and regulated. Any casino that you find listed in our top ten European online casinos lists, you can rest assured that it is safe and 100% fair.
In terms of cyber security, all the top casinos that we have listed use state of the art encryption technologies to ensure that your private, sensitive data is stored in an inviolable manner and that your identity is never compromised. Even if a cybercriminal is able to get his or her hands on the data, it is going to be encrypted and therefore indecipherable.
Every online European casino will have some standard procedures and policies in place to deal with disputes and provide dispute resolution. Usually, it starts with contacting the customer support unit of the casino and they will initiate a ticket for the matter and will follow up on it and provide you details as to what steps are involved, what sort of investigation will be done, what the outcome depends on and what sort of time frame you are looking at in terms of expecting a resolution.