If you looking for some great fun and entertainment, and of course, potentially win a tidy sum, then spinning the reels in a game of classic or video slots is just what you’d love.
The good news is players are spoiled for choice when it comes to online slots, and that’s where our experts at Top 10 Casino Websites can help.
Guaranteed the choice is endless but that may also lead to confusion about what’s hot and what’s not, how to make the most of each spin, what type of slots can truly boost your bankroll, and much more.
So if you are confused, you’ve come to the right place. This is where you quest for knowledge about the best online slots, where to play and how to up your game, ends.
Best Slot Casinos
$888Welcome Bonus (T&Cs apply, 18+)
£200Welcome Bonus (T&Cs apply, 18+)
$/£/€998Welcome Bonus (T&Cs apply, 18+)
$333Welcome Bonus (T&Cs apply, 18+)
£100Welcome Bonus (T&Cs apply, 18+)
10%Welcome Bonus (T&Cs apply, 18+)
Our team of slot geeks, if you’d want to call them so, has their finger on the pulse of everything to do with online slots so stick around and enjoy the ride. And yes, most importantly, we will give you plenty of tips to learn How To Play Slots Like A PRO.
Online slots for newbies
For the newbie let’s start with an introduction to online slots. To begin with, the online version is a lot like its mechanical counterpart you find at land based casinos. Typical slot machines feature a series of three or more cylinders that spin at the pull of a lever. Once the reels stop spinning you win or lose based on the combination of symbols on the reels. It’s that simple but a whole load of fun and potentially lucrative as well.
Instead of having to pull a lever, all you do in online slots is push a button to get those reels in motion. The Random Number Generator or RNG software replaces the mechanical levers found in slot machines at traditional land based casinos. It simulates the spinning reels and creates a truly random outcome from each spin. The RNG software is certified for fair play so you don’t have to worry about any game being rigged.
Good Reasons To Play Online Slots
There are plenty of reasons why you ought to play online slots. The first obvious benefit is that you get to play from the comfort of your home. And, thanks to mobile technology you can play on your smart-phone or tablet anywhere, anytime.
However, there are more serious benefits to playing online slots when compared with land based versions.
Higher payback/Return to Player (RTP)
Our experts say that the percentage of payback or RTP (return to player) is much higher. This is the percentage of wagered money a slot pays back to players over a specific period. For example, if a slot has an RTP of 95% and you make $1 x 100 bets, you can expect to get back around $95 in wins. This is just the opposite of house advantage, which in the case of this example, is 5%.
Most online slots have a RTP of 92% or more, with many paying back as much as 95% or more. On the other hand, land based slots usually pay back a maximum of 90%.
Game selection is another area where online slots scores well over their land based counterparts. Many online casinos offer anywhere from 200 to 350 or more of the best online slots from a variety leading software providers like Microgaming, Net Entertainment, Real Time Gaming, Playtech, and more. While you are spoiled for choice you also get to play instantly on your desktop or mobile device without having to wait your turn.
Types Of Slot Machines
Classic 3 Reel slots
3 reel slots are the traditional slot machines with a single pay-line on which you need to land three matching symbols in order to win.
5 Reel multi pay-line slots
Also known as video slots, these games have anywhere from 25 to 50 pay-lines spread across 5 reels or more. This is where you will find blockbuster slots with themes based on movies, comic characters, and more.
These slots are the top dogs that promise huge payouts as high as a few million dollars and more. They are connected to a network of casinos where a percentage of every wager made is added to the prize pool. The jackpot keeps growing until someone is lucky enough to hit it and takes home a nifty fortune. The pool is then reset to allow the prize pool to grow once again.
At Top 10 Casino Websites we monitor every progressive jackpot closely so that you can keep track on where you can play and potentially win big.
- Most importantly, we analyse the casino’s progressive jackpot payout policy so that you are aware of how long it will take to get paid and there are no red herrings.
- Some casinos pay out progressive jackpot winnings in a lump sum while others pay in instalments, which according to our experts, should be longer than six or ten months.
Play Online Slots Like A Pro
Slots is a game of chance but that doesn’t mean you can’t learn to play smart and up the ante a bit. Besides, there are multiple reels and pay-lines to play, which is all the more reason you need to know more than just the basics. We promise, the latest slots are nothing like the on-armed bandits of the 1970s. There are free spins, bonuses, and jackpots to look forward to.
Soak in these online slots tips from our experts.
- Don’t miss the chance to play for free. Most casinos offer practice versions where you can get to learn the rules of the particular slot. In addition, you may be able to grab a free spins bonus.
- Pick slots with a higher RTP or payout percentage. Many casinos listed on your site publish the payout percentage so pay special attention and choose those with a payout of 95% or more.
- Always check the rules so that you know how much your bet could be worth. Most slots require a minimum bet amount to be able to avail of bonuses or jackpots.
- The more pay-lines you bet on, the better the chances of winning. You can do this even on a tight budget. Simply lower the bet amount and increase the number of pay-lines.
- Use features like Auto Play once you have understood the game.
Rules Of Online Slots
While the rules of online slots vary depending on the game played, there are many common features to every game whether you play classic 3 reels or video slots.
- Apart from regular theme-based symbols there are Wild symbols that substitute for other symbols except for what is known as the Scatter symbol.
- Most slots feature bonus rounds that are triggered when certain symbols land on the reels. Bonuses come in the form of free spins and other prizes where you win real money.
- Many online slots also feature jackpots where the top prize can range from a few hundreds to thousands of dollars.
Apart from the above, there are a few elements involved in completing a game of online slots.
- Wagering: You need to decide how much to bet per spin. The amount should be well within your budget. You can choose from a variety of coin sizes and the number of pay-lines to bet. The more you choose the more the chances of winning.
- Spinning the reels: It’s as simple as hitting the Spin button to get the reels to spin. When the reels come to a stop you will notice the symbols landing on the reels. The software will automatically determine and calculate your winnings based on the pay-table for the particular slot.
- Bonus rounds and free spins: Many slots feature bonus rounds, each with its own set of rules which you can understand from the pay-table. Free spins are often a part of the bonus where you can continue to spin the reels without having to bet.
Common Online Slots Terms
Coin Size: This is the value of each bet you place, which ranges from 0.01 to $1 or more.
Max Bet: The largest number of coins you can bet in a single round.
Wild Symbol: A symbol that substitutes for other symbols, which can be used to create winning combinations. These symbols often include bonus multipliers.
Scatter Symbol: The symbol that allows for the creation of winning combinations free from any constraint of pay-lines. They usually unlock bonus features
Pay-lines: The lines in a slot where symbols land to create winning combinations.
Pay-Table: The chart that displays various winning combinations and the payout for each combination.
Staggered payouts: Pay-tables that payout more to players who wager more, especially in the case of progressive jackpot.
Online Slots FAQs
1. How do online real money slots work?
Here are a few simple steps to get started with any online slot.
- Pick the number of lines you wish to play
- Enter the amount you want to bet for each spin
- Click the ‘Spin’ button to set the reels in motion.
- When the reels stop you will find the symbols landing on the reels
- Depending on the game you will need to get at least 3 connecting symbols to win. On multiple pay-line slots you could win when symbols connect horizontally or diagonally as well.
- If you hit a winning combination you get paid based on the slot’s payout table.
2. How do I pick an online slot casino?
- Choose a casino and slot with a high payout percentage of around 97% or more. This is a good strategy to follow.
- Look out for casinos that offer a decent bonus for slots enthusiasts. One of the advantages is that slots contribute 100% towards meeting any wagering requirements for a bonus. Speaking of wagering requirements, make sure to pick ones with reasonably low wagering requirements. You will find a list right here at Top 10 Casino Websites.
- Watch out for casinos that offer a variety of slots with progressive jackpots. These are jackpots in which a percentage of every bet placed goes into the prize pool, which is reset every time the jackpot is hit. Their payout percentage may be lower as compared to regular slots but they can translate into big wins.
3. Are there really online slots strategies that work?
It all begins with the Pay-Table
The pay-table, like in the example above for Microgaming’s Jurassic Park video slot, is where different payouts for various winning combinations are listed. Landing certain symbols can lead to higher payouts while getting three symbols in the same row could even trigger a bonus round or free spins. Therefore, pay special attention to the pay-table so that you can play smart.
Maximize bets where possible
When playing real money online slots it would be wise to play more pay-lines even if it means betting less per line. Betting more pay-lines offers a better chance of winning. It is also mandatory in some games to utilize all the pay-lines to be eligible for a bonus or jackpot.